by Terrie Noland, National Director of Educator Engagement
Turn reading into a school competition with high quality books from the Learning Ally library. Students using Learning Ally can download and read the books to participate in the bracket style competition in which students vote on their favorites.
1. Print off a bracket for each participating student.
2. Make a bulletin board or large poster of the bracket.
3. Students read the books that face off against each other.
4. Select dates for students to cast their votes by.
5. Students can read and vote on as many pairs as they would like.
6. Continue until a final book has been named the champion!
7. Have all students read the champion title!
Choose from the brackets below or create your own bracket.
Elementary School (K-2)
Elementary School (3rd - 5th grade)
Log in to set up your students with lots of books so they are ready vote on the champion book during March Book Madness! Try other Spring into Reading fun, engaging strategies to help your students reach goals and win prizes! Share your activities and learn from others using #springreadingfever and tagging @Learning_Ally.
Want to do spring reading with Learning Ally at your school?
Learning Ally is a cost-effective solution to help your students who read below grade level boost their vocabulary, comprehension and test scores. Our extensive library of human-read audiobooks includes core content, is easy to set up, and fits into your existing curriculum.
Learn how you can transform the lives of your struggling readers. Call 800-221-1098 or email programs@LearningAlly.org.